Welcome to The Charter Companies
We are a professional career services platform that connects college students, professionals and employers with professional coaching, job services, resume services and career e-learning services. We are committed to assisting each professional with setting their professional career course!
What Information We Collect
We collect personal and non-personal data from you when you use our Services. Personal Data is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, phone number, or is data that could reasonably be linked back to you.
You need to create an account to use The Charter Companies Services. You can create an account on any of the affiliated companies of the “Service” as a student or professional seeking a job or career advice or as an employer looking for new talent or looking to build a pipeline of talent. You may also create an account as a client looking for interns or professionals.
Student or Professionals Alumni Data: We receive personal data about you when you create a Student or Alumni Account, update your profile, respond to questions or surveys on our website or otherwise use our Sites, from our Partner clients, and from other third party data sources.
From Third Parties: We may receive additional information about you from other schools, alumni or career counseling organizations, or from other sources.
Usage and Log Data: When you visit any of The Charter Companies websites, we log and store your IP Address and technical information about your visit like your browser type and how you progressed through the Site, where you abandoned it, etc. (“Usage Data”). We can use your IP address to determine your general location.
Employer Data: When Employers create a profile on The Charter Companies and all affiliated company sites as an Employer Account, we request contact information, including email address and telephone number, to provide a point of contact for the company and administrative staff and which is made available on your public profile. We will use your phone number to send any commercial or marketing messages related to your use of The Charter Companies and all affiliated companies Services.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data to provide The Charter Companies and its affiliated companies and services “the Service” and to maximize opportunities to connect you with potential employers and professionals. This includes:
- Providing services such as allowing you to make appointments with clients or professionals.
- Allowing you to opt-in to make your profile public so potential employers or others can find you.
- Allowing you to contact employers and employers to contact you.
- Personalizing the Service. For example, we may suggest employers to you based on the information in your resume or the demographic information you provide or suggest students with public profiles to employers based on employer’s search criteria.
- Contacting you about additional our Services or Partner services you might be interested in, unless you opt-out (see “Opting out of Marketing messages”).
- Researching new ways to improve The Charter Companies Services.
- Using FERPA protected data only in compliance with the requirements of the statute.
When We May Share Your Personal Data
We will only share your personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- With your consent. For example, you may consent to make your profile public so that we can share it with employers through the Services or choose to apply to a job and we will share your profile information, resume and transcript with the employers you choose.
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management, and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the Terms of Service, to protect the security or integrity of The Charter Companies, (the Service), and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of, The Charter Companies Services, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
When We Use and Share Non-Personal Data
Non-personal data is data that itself cannot reasonably be linked back to you or data that is combined with other data in a way that cannot reasonably be linked back to you. We use and share your non-personal, de-identified or aggregated data in a variety of ways to help our Partners and the public understand trends in the job seeking market through analytics reports, statistics and other metrics and guides. For example, to understand:
- What percentages of students from certain colleges work in a specific geographic area.
- Whether a certain major or extra-curricular activity fits well with a particular employer’s hiring patterns.
- How employers compare to each other in the number of applicants they receive from different colleges.
As a Site visitor, we place a small piece of software referred to as a “session cookie” on your computer. If you use the Services and create an account, we also use this cookie to recognize you on return visits and expedite the login process. You can remove this and other cookies through your browser preferences menu, though the exact method varies depending on the type of browser you use – but note that you won’t be able to log into our service if your cookies are disabled. If you visit from a mobile device, we may reference your device identifier or other information about where your visit originated.
Our email communications contain web beacons or similar technology which track when the email has been opened or read. This functionality sends the resulting records back to our Service, which may be associated with other information you have provided us.
How to Opt-Out of Email Communications
To stop receiving notifications or promotions, please click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of each email or update your account preferences.
Storage, Security and How to Remove Your Information
We use industry-standard technical, administrative, and physical controls to protect your data including encrypting it at rest and as it is transferred from you to The Charter Companies and all affiliated companies. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches, no website or internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breaches will never occur. In the event of a breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify affected individuals in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Do Not Track Signals
We are currently unable to respond to Do Not Track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
De-activating Your Account or Deleting Your Personal Data
You can choose to deactivate your account so that you are no longer viewable on the Service or you can make your account private. You may also request The Charter Companies delete information about you, however, we may be obligated as a service provider to your college’s employees or university to retain certain data about you. You can do this by sending a message to “email@example.com” requesting such deactivation or deletion.
Third Party Links
The Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our University and Employer Partners or other services offered by The Charter Companies and Affiliated Partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We also cannot be responsible for your personal data that you submit to employers using the Services. Please check their individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Minors under 16 are not permitted to use our Sites without express parental consent to both use the Services and be bound by our Terms of Service and this Policy. We do not intentionally collect information from minors under 13. If you believe we have collected any personal information from a child younger than 13 years of age, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take reasonable measures to remove that information from our systems.
The Charter Companies and all affiliated companies do not collect or use any of that payment information. If a professional or client has any conflicts regarding the method of payment acceptance, they should contact The Charter Companies and all affiliated companies at email@example.com. The Charter Companies and all affiliated companies claim no responsibility or liability for payment transactions.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or if you wish to remove any of your personal information from our records please contact us at either:
The Charter Companies
30 White Head Road
Cohasset, MA 02025
Last updated and effective as of May 18, 2018